Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dainty Cadaver Playwright Profiles: NINA MANSFIELD (Team B)

This week, we're running a series of profiles of the playwrights for Piper McKenzie's Dainty Cadaver 2012, in which they fill in the blanks in a number of outlandish and unhelpful statements we have provided.

Nina Mansfield is a Greenwich, CT based writer of plays and fiction. Her work has been produced throughout the United States and in Canada, England and Ireland at a variety of venues and festivals, including the New York International Fringe Festival, the Boston Theatre Marathon, Vital Theatre’s New Works Festival, 20% Theatre Twin Cities, the Six Women Playwright Festival, Looking Glass Theatre Forum, San Pedro’s Little Fish Theatre and multiple 8-Minute Madness Festivals in New York. Her plays are published by Smith & Kraus, Original Works Publishing, One Act Play Depot and YouthPLAYS. Visit her at: www.ninamansfield.com.

  1. The playwright whose work I’d most like to continue in my own words is SOPHOCLES because HIS ENDINGS WERE TOO SAD.

  2. I think that theater in this country needs more INTERPRETIVE DANCE and less NON-INTERPRETIVE DANCE.

  3. If I could steal one character from another play and put them in my own play, it would be DESDEMONA because I’D LIKE TO KILL HER TOO, BUT IN A DIFFERENT WAY.

  4. Some would describe me as the bastard love child of CHRISTOPHER DURANG and GRACE KELLY.

  5. At times I SPREAD WEED KILLER at YOGA CLASSES between DOWNWARD FACING DOGS enforcing STRICT bathysphere-LIKE BREATHING METHODS, IN ORDER TO MINIMIZE collateral DAMAGE for MYSELF and also OT

  6. GO Dainty Cadaver YOURSELF.

  7. The one thing I think it’s important for audiences to know about me is I WAS BETSY ROSS IN A PAST LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment