Leah Nanako Winkler is a playwright and founding member of Everywhere Theatre Group. Plays include Happy Dance Dance Princess Show (The Brick), Formula Play (HERE), The Internet (IAP), and, co-written with Teddy Nicholas: A Pale Horse (short form and the Ontological), DEAD PEOPLE (3LD), Magic Futurebox (writer for FORTH arranged by Tommy Smith), and most recently Flying Snakes @ Ars Nova Ant Fest and The Brick. She’s also presented work at Ensemble Studio Theater, little theater @ Dixon Place, Wings Theater and venues in Philly, Ft.Lauderdale Indianapolis and Washington, DC. Terra Nova Collective Groundbreakrs alum, current member of youngblood. www.leahwinkler.org.
- The playwright whose work I’d most like to continue in my own words is ANYONE because YAY.
- I think that theater in this country needs more EXPERIMENTATION/TRUST and less COMPLACENCY.
- If I could steal one character from another play and put them in my own play, it would be MUFASA from THE STAGE ADAPTATION OF THE LION KING because LIONS.
- Some would describe me as the bastard love child of SOME FAMOUS AVANT GARDE PLAYWRIGHT and A TRASHY TV SHOW LIKE THE BACHELORETTE.
- At times I HANG at MCDONALDS between REHEARSALS enforcing SOCIAL bathysphere PROVING collateral DAMAGE for MYSELF and also CUSTOMERS in case of DEALING dandelions SEEDS for profit.
- HOPE Dainty Cadaver WINS.
- The one thing I think it’s important for audiences to know about me is ILOVEYOU.