Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dainty Cadaver Playwright Profiles: TIM ERRICKSON (Team C)

This week, we're running a series of profiles of the playwrights for Piper McKenzie's Dainty Cadaver 2012, in which they fill in the blanks in a number of outlandish and unhelpful statements we have provided.


Tim Errickson is the Artistic Director of Boomerang Theatre Company. His play Endless Summer Nights premiered with Boomerang in September 2010, and was a “Pick of the Week” by nytheatre.com. Previous Boomerang credits include directing productions of Fenway, Burning The Old Man (6 NYIT Nominations, including Outstanding Direction) and Stoppard Goes Electric. Other recent directing credits include The Desk Set for Retro Productions (6 NYIT Nominations including Outstanding Production), Brad Fraser’s Unidentified Human Remains and the True Nature of Love, Racine’s Phaedre, Jamie Pachino’s Famous for Fifteen Years, Michael Weller’s Moonchildren (OOBR Award for Outstanding Production) and Brian Smallwood’s The Wedding Play.
  1. The playwright whose work I’d most like to continue in my own words is NILS STEBOYIK because HE’S A COMPLETELY FICTIONAL PERSON.

  2. I think that theater in this country needs more KEG STANDS and less EVERYTHING ELSE.

  3. if I could steal one character from another play and put them in my own play, it would be ASTROV from UNCLE VANYA because HE’S SORT OF BADASS.

  4. Some would describe me as the bastard love child of THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN STEVE AUSTIN and HOWARD DEAN.

  5. At times I ______________ at ______________ between ______________enforcing ______________ bathysphere ______________ collateral ______________for ______________and also ______________ in case of ______________ dandelions ______________ for profit. (WHO CAME UP WITH THIS? THIS LOOKS LIKE PEE-WEE’S PLAYHOUSE ON ACID.)

  6. I LOVE Dainty Cadaver SO MUCH, I WOULD NOT TRY FOR SECOND BASE ON THE FIRST DATE. RESPECT, YA’LL.

  7. The one thing I think it’s important for audiences to know about me is I WENT TO CATHOLIC SCHOOL. IT EXPLAINS A LOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment