Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dainty Cadaver Playwright Profiles: ADAM SCOTT MAZER (Team A)

This week, we're running a series of profiles of the playwrights for Piper McKenzie's Dainty Cadaver 2012, in which they fill in the blanks in a number of outlandish and unhelpful statements we have provided.


Adam Scott Mazer is a writer, actor, director, and fight choreographer. He grew up in Birmingham, Alabama and attended Brown University. He moved to Brooklyn shortly after graduating with a degree in Theater Arts, and has since trained at the Rabid Vamps Fight Studio and has appeared in or worked on productions for companies including EST, Vampire Cowboys, Target Margin, Roundtable Ensemble, MT Works, The New York International Fringe Festival, and Columbia’s MFA program. In 2011, he co-founded AntiMatter Collective, which produced his original play Death Valley at the Bushwick Starr to glowing reviews.


  1. The playwright whose work I’d most like to continue in my own words is NO ONE IN PARTICULAR because I’D RATHER DREAM MY OWN DREAMS.

  2. I think that theater in this country needs more EXPLODING HEADS and less NAVEL-GAZING.

  3. If I could steal one character from another play and put them in my own play, it would be IAGO because VILLAINS HAVE THE MOST FUN.

  4. Some would describe me as the bastard love child of YOU and YOUR MOM.

  5. At times I MARVEL at THE DIFFERENCE between ROBOTS enforcing STERILIZATION IN A bathysphere AND INFLICTING collateral DAMAGE for THEIR TECHNOLOGICAL DOMINION OVER THE LESSER KINGDOMS and also RUN IN TERROR in case of ENRAGED dandelions RAMPAGING ACROSS THE PASTORAL COUNTRYSIDE RAPING AND PILLAGING for profit.

  6. I WANT TO EAT Dainty CadaverS WITH CHEESE.

  7. The one thing I think it’s important for audiences to know about me is THAT I HAVE PSYCHIC POWERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment