Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dainty Cadaver Playwright Profiles: JOSHUA CONKEL (Team A)

This week, we're running a series of profiles of the playwrights for Piper McKenzie's Dainty Cadaver 2012, in which they fill in the blanks in a number of outlandish and unhelpful statements we have provided.

Joshua Conkel is a playwright, culture vulture and Navy brat who hails from Washington State. He is the author of MilkMilkLemonade (Best Off Off Broadway Show of 2009-NY Press, published by Playscripts), The Chalk Boy (Published by Original Works Publishing), Lonesome Winter (co written with Megan Hill), The Sluts of Sutton Drive and I Wanna Destroy You, as well as countless short plays. Conkel’s work has been seen all over the country as well as internationally and has been developed by The Management, Soho Rep, Ensemble Studio Theatre, Old Vic, Dixon Place, The Flea and more. He is the Co-Artistic Director of The Management, and a member of Ensemble Studio Theatre, The Soho Rep Writers/Directors Lab, TOSOS and The Dramatists Guild.

  1. The playwright whose work I’d most like to continue in my own words is NICKY SILVER because HE’S A TOUGH, FUNNY QUEEN WHO CAN MAKE FUN OF ANYBODY AND GET AWAY WITH IT.

  1. I think that theater in this country needs more GUTS and less BRAINS.

  2. If I could steal one character from another play and put them in my own play, it would be STANLEY KOWALSKI because THEN I COULD KILL HIM.

  3. Some would describe me as the bastard love child of JOHN WATERS and SARAH KANE.

  4. At times I LAUGH at CAMEL TOES between VAGINAL LIPS enforcing PATRIARCHAL IDEALS IN A bathysphere MADE OF collateral IN-JOKES for ABORTIONS and also I FLAXSEED in case of RAPIST dandelions SELLING TIMESHARES for profit.

  5. FUCK Dainty Cadaver SO HARD.

  6. The one thing I think it’s important for audiences to know about me is I AM A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER.

No comments:

Post a Comment