Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dainty Cadaver Mad Libs-Style Blog Thing: James Comtois

James Comtois is the playwriting mind behind Nosedive Productions, one of Piper McKenzie’s sister companies. No one knows more than James how much it pains me to say this, but he’s a great guy and an excellent writer, with recent credits such as The Little One and the NYIT-nominated Infectious Opportunity (a production of The Brick’s Antidepressant Festival) under his belt. He will be bringing his unique brand of smooth jazz-funk fusion to the performances of both Team A (as an actor) and Team C (as a writer). Lord have mercy upon us all.

-----------------------

No one’s gonna stop me from masturbating and crying in my living room when Twin Peaks is on.

When I first read the Dainty Cadaver scene that came before mine, my initial reaction was confusion. Then, I thought "Fuck it." Finally, I found and angle and went with it.

Before I had Piper McKenzie in my life, I was a hollow shell of a human being. Now I lie on the couch all day watching Roku while eating ice cream. I'm a new man, baby!

The superpower I would least want to have would probably be teleportation.

The first play I ever wrote was simply entitled The Show. After that I wrote a play called Celene.

If I were to finish this sentence it would be a fucking miracle.

Writing for the Dainty Cadaver in this manner worked in concord with my usual process by letting me do what I always do: make the stuff up as I go along.

If I didn’t write plays or do things like Dainty Cadavers I’d probably be married with children and a contributing member of society. Gross!

In the beginning God created Light? It's Light, right? It's been so long. Or wait. I had to write something witty, didn't I? Like Boobs. Can I change my answer? In the beginning, God created Boobs. Wait. That's no good. Lemme get back to you.

Have you ever noticed that theatre people are always likeFuh fuh fuh fuh,” while book people are always likeBuh buh buh buh?” What’s the deal?

Snabfllp nibminimmbinmtt falalaboocheray toddlesmick flippertippy abbib simblantfermay pobbadooblemirph.

No comments:

Post a Comment