Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dainty Cadaver Mad Libs-Style Blog Thing: Johnna Adams

So the first time I encountered Johnna Adams is when she wrote nice things about my flawed, grandiose, 31-actor play Babylon Babylon – so needless to say, I liked her immediately. Later that year I saw the first part of her Angel Eaters Trilogy (which I’m still angry I was too busy to see the other two parts of) and was blown away by the scope of her vision and the precision of her voice. (Later still she played the mother of the guy who married a shark in a play I wrote.) I am electroshock-level thrilled to be able to feature her as a part of the Dainty Cadaver’s Team A!


-------------


When I first read the Dainty Cadaver scene that came before mine, my initial reaction was I'VE MET MY SOULMATE. Then, I thought OH, WAIT, I DIDN'T MEET THE WRITER AND DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE. Finally, I WENT BACK TO STARING AT THE EHARMONY HOME PAGE THINKING THAT MIGHT WORK BETTER THAN DAINTY CADAVER TO FIND A SOULMATE. THEN I GAVE UP ON THE SOULMATE THING AND PLAYED TOTEM TRIBE GOLD FOR 25 HOURS STRAIGHT.


As Abraham Lincoln said, “The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget PLAYS ABOUT ALIEN INVASIONS.”


Before I had Piper McKenzie in my life, I was a hollow shell of a human being. Now I'M STILL A HOLLOW SHELL, BUT SORT OF LIKE A CHOCOLATE BUNNY IS A HOLLOW SHELL AND NOT LIKE AN INFLATED CONDOM OR SOMETHING.


Writing for the Dainty Cadaver in this manner worked in concord with my usual process by FORCING ME TO WRITE A SCENE WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON IN THE PREVIOUS SCENE-- I NEVER KNOW WHAT THE HELL I JUST WROTE EVEN WHEN I AM THE ONLY ONE WRITING.


If I didn’t write plays or do things like Dainty Cadavers I’d probably be SO GOOD AT BELLY DANCING IT WOULD BE INSANE.


I think the Internet affects the ways we make theater in that it WASTES A CRAPLOAD OF TIME THAT I COULD USE TO WRITE.


The jumble of random nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs I would use to describe my Dainty Cadaver experience includes the following: MOUSE BONE HEADED STEAMPUNK 50S MONSTER MOVIE EMBARASSING MYSELF WITH GIBBERISH HOPE THIS DOESN'T END IN TEARS COULD I CONVINCE THEM TO NEVER REVEAL MY NAME? I REALLY LIKE THE IDEA OF A great Formissle and council of the Revolvergorgons. I'M SO HUNGRY SINCE I FINISHED WRITING.


I couldn’t live without WRITING, but the part of it I could live without is WRITING.

No comments:

Post a Comment